Sunday, April 26, 2015

Novice Nomad: Begin Wandering

So I’m currently homeless.
A nomadic wanderer, if you will.
Because until July, I will be living from a suitcase.
Sleeping in 25 different cities.
In two and a half months (12 weeks).
And thus begins the adventure of my suitcase days.

Yeah son! *

I moved out of my house in Provo on Wednesday and have already hit three cities (Logan, Provo, St. George), so I’m off to a good start.
I’ve been a little stir crazy for the past couple months—not just the actual stirring of foods to do something with your hands but the climbing of mountains and running of roads to try to remember there is a world outside of the bubble where you currently reside (Provo).
So if traveling around Europe doesn’t cure my intense desires to stir up my life, I don’t know what will.

Oh yeah, I should probably mention why I’m traveling so much.
Just in case you thought I’d forever given up the luxurious life of a college student and had chosen to be a professional pilgrim forever.
(it’s only part time)
Because….

IAMGOINGONAEUROPEANSTUDYABROADANDAMNEVERCOMINGBACK

Oh wait, I mean I am coming back. Eventually.
But I was serious about the study abroad part.
It’s going to be ridiculously wonderful and enlighteningly stretching and I’m going to be terribly exhausted when I come back to America and go straight to a cousin’s wedding and then to a family reunion. This nomad thing is serious business.

Anyways, I thought I’d start a different branch off of my other blog to keep all of my stalkers and fans (a.k.a. friends and family) in the loop about my travels and then they can all feel like they are vicariously traveling around Europe without the actual weariness that will come from such vast wanderings.

So cheers to travel.


Here are some pictures from my first stop (Logan, where my beloved roommate married her awesome now-husband), followed by a list of the cities I will be visiting in the next couple months—the Europe travel starts in the beginning of May!



1.    Logan
2.    Provo
3.    St. George
4.    Colorado Springs
5.    Denver
6.    Frankfurt
7.    Venice
8.    Florence
9.    Rome
10. Dubrovnik
11. Bosnia (unsure of the city)
12. Split (Croatia)
13. Amsterdam
14. Brussels
15. Paris
16. Berne
17. Zug
18. Munich
19. Salzburg
20. Vienna
21. Slovakia/Czech Republic (overnight city uncertain)
22. Krakow
23. Kansas City
24. St. Louis
25. Terre Haute

*(here the expression “yeah son” does not mean that I am talking to my literal son, but implies more a general “heck yeah” of excitement)

2 comments:

  1. You go girl. What a chance of a lifetime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you, Claire! It's going to be crazy busy but will be super awesome, memorable, and possibly even life-changing! So excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete